Winona Ryder in high school
“I was wearing an old Salvation Army shop boy’s suit. As I went to the bathroom I heard people saying, ‘Hey, faggot’. They slammed my head into a locker. I fell to the ground and they started to kick the shit out of me. I had to have stitches. The school kicked me out, not the bullies.
“Years later, I went to a coffee shop and I ran into one of the girls who’d kicked me, and she said, ‘Winona, Winona, can I have your autograph?’ And I said, ‘Do you remember me? Remember in seventh grade you beat up that kid?’ And she said, ‘Kind of’. And I said, ‘That was me. Go fuck yourself.’”
Ceramics Professor: So for your first project, you will make pinch pots and you will have to decorate them with some type of design. You can draw polka dots or carve some interesting lines-
Me: -OR HUMAN EAR
Me: HUMAN EAR.
Me (Wispering): Huumaann eeaarr
the point of pouring a shit ton of ice water over yourself is because when one suffers from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) one of the affects the disease has is a numbness throughout the body, as well as struggling to breathe, and both these are meant to temporarily happen when doused in freezing water. It’s to raise awareness of what ALS feels like and encourage donations towards research and cures.
Knowledge is knowing that Frankenstein is not the monster.
Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein is the monster.
that’s exactly what someone who’s dating their dad would say
We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything”, and we heard, “You have to be everything.”
Courtney Martin (via gotdiamondsforsouls)
22 Years ago today, this man’s life perished.
I never met him, I never knew him, but this man has completely changed the way I look at the world, and I thank him every day for that.
Inadvertently, he taught me how to look past societies unkind growth, and focus on real beauty of this world.
Thank you Mr. Chris McCandless for changing my life for the better.
Rest in paradise Supertramp.
February 12, 1968 - August 18, 1992
love you chris, you’re amazing
best band ever
Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.
Julian Barnes, Flaubert’s Parrot (via observando)
I know its probably wrong timing and inconvenient but I really miss you. I would love for you to come visit. I meant that invitation whole-heartedly.
you: “I’m not drunk at all”
at the toilet: “whoa what is this shit why are the walls moving where am I”
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via notcapableoflove)
The most fabulous raccoon.
Man did I miss my prismacolors
I finally got art. about fucking time